Thursday 20 September 2012

Paris in Black and White

In 2007 I traveled to Paris (France) to watch the England vs South Africa opening game of the Rugby World Cup. To say the atmosphere was amazing would be an understatement. This was a city alive with passion for a sport it held close to its heart and wanted to share that with everyone. I mean when was the last time you saw a giant rugby ball suspended for a national monument?

Waiting for the game I decided to travel around Paris on a river taxi and took the opportunity to photography the Parisian street life both from the boat and on the land as well, however I wanted to keep the Seine a focal point for the photography so made sure that all the images I took were as close to the river that gives Paris its life as I could.

Originally taken in Colour, I converted the image set to Black and White using a technique I have developed for my work and here are some of the results.

Later this year I hope to put on an exhibition of the full works in the North West.

Posters beside the Seine

The Eiffel tower

Bridges across the Seine

Working lunch beside the Seine
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment